So I had my first round of blood testing and so far, so good. HCG levels are at 64 - they want them to be at least 50 so we're good to go there. I have another blood test tomorrow to make sure they're doubling.
I used the first progesterone suppository last night. That was...cold. And then goopy. And a bit itchy? So far no unpleasant side effects but the list of possibilities is long and I'm sure I'll have my share of them while I'm taking the progesterone. I made the mistake of googling the side effects last night...I realize I'm very lucky I'm not using the shots and I feel very badly for women who have to do IVF. Some of them do the shots or suppositories three times a day. It's so worth it to get a baby at the end but yowsa.
We head to Utah day after tomorrow for another week with our families. I've realized we have a complication...I have to keep the projesterone cold. Which means in the fridge. This would be fine except for the part where we've decided not to tell our families until at least Christmas. So now I have to figure out how to hide the stupid capsules in the fridge without anyone catching on. Tricky.
The boobies started hurting today. Matt claims it's only because I know I'm pregnant and I'm making it up. I wish I could make his boobs hurt like this and then tell HIM he's making it up. Men.
I'll find out tomorrow about my levels and then we'll have two ultrasounds with the specialist and probably one or two with my OB for good measure. Yay for invasive ultrasounds! Again!
STAY PUT, BABY. STAY PUT.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment