I'm almost through week eleven and the first trimester has hit me square in the baby maker. I am still fighting off the weird remnants of the stupid cold I've had for almost three weeks now, so that's been fun. Also, my stomach issues are officially the fault of my digestive system which has decided it gets the fact that there's a weird alien thing taking up space and sending out weird hormone signals. I swore to myself that I would be SO GRATEFUL if I was sick during my pregnancy, and believe me, I am. I'm so glad to know that the hormones are doing their thing and that it means that most likely this will be THE ONE that actually works out but ohmygosh I feel like poo. Very grateful poo.
My sick has been different than I've heard about from most pregnant women. I don't feel so much nauseous as I do like my insides want to remove themselves from my body. There's cramping and gas pains and more cramping and then all of a sudden I'm SO HUNGRY I CAN'T BREATHE but I'm not in the mood for anything. This happened to me the last time...nothing sounded good. This time it's that times ten. I have to force myself to eat anything. It's not that it looks or smells gross, it's just that it's...food. Food is not interesting until it's in my mouth. Then my body is like "Ohhhhhhh this stuff. Yes, I like." So once I start eating, I'm good. It's just getting to that point. Then a couple of hours later as my intestines encounter the food I regret every single bite. And add in the typical pregnancy stop-up issue and we have some serious confusion going on inside. Let's just say I'm very lucky that I can do most of my job from the couch because that's where I spend most of my time. In my Disney sweats.
I still haven't encountered the beautiful glowy skin many women speak of. I've been breaking out all over and the progesterone is making things even more awesome with the weird facial hair that grows from nothing to frightening overnight. Winning!
So let's sum this up. Sweats + Couch + Acne + Weird Facial Hair = I'm so pretty.
On the upside, my hair has never been more awesome. Now if I could just get away with wearing it Cousin It style and JUST showing my hair. Hmm, not a bad idea.
I haven't mentioned on this blog yet that we got a puppy. He's an adorable French Bulldog who is white with black spots. He will be about nine weeks old when we bring him home next week. I'm super excited for lots of reasons but not so excited to potty train, but I guess it's decent preparation for motherhood, right? Our nice neighbor gave us a crate for him so that's an extra few bucks we'll save. It's more like a doggie play pen with a top than a crate, if I'm being honest. It's nice and big and light and should be perfect for our little buddy. We have no idea what we're going to name him yet but I'm sure it will be awesome.
My NT screening is next Wednesday. As much as I'd hoped we would be able to schedule it out a few more weeks to have a better chance at getting a peek at the privates, I'm glad to have another ultrasound two weeks after the last one. It really helps with the miscarriage stress. I'm trying to decide if I should get a doppler so I can wake up every morning and check for a heartbeat. Part of me thinks that would be awesome and the other part of me things that might be MORE stressful because what if my placenta is in front and I can't hear it or something like that? Then I'd be a wreck for no reason. I have a friend who lives down the street who owns one so maybe when I finally announce the baby I can ask to borrow it. Who knows.
Well, not much else to report. This is Pregnant Kate Murphy, reporting from the couch. Goodnight.
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment