Thursday, February 23, 2012

The BIG Ultrasound

Well, it's officially OFFICIAL.  It's a boy, there's no doubt about it.  All the necessary parts are there in all their glory.  I'm getting more excited but can I just say that it's SO WEIRD to be growing man parts?  It seems like some sort of nature fake out.  A girl can grow a boy?  What?

The ultrasound this morning was awesome.  The tech was FANTASTIC and took a lot of time explaining everything she was doing and she said she sees nothing amiss or out of place or concerning and that as far as she can tell, he's perfect.  The doctor will take a look at the ultrasound pictures and do some more measurements to make sure she's right but I'm confident that we're in the clear and he's developing as expected.  He wasn't as wiggly this morning as he has been in other ultrasounds but the tech said that was normal as they start to get bigger.  He was, of course, all curled up with his legs crossed and knees up near his face making it difficult for us to see his man parts for a while, but we poked at him a bit and he finally gave in and showed us the goods.  It was so fun to see his little feet and hands wiggling around and all his anatomy working together to grow and keep him alive.  It really is amazing to be able to see all of that stuff.  Technology is SO cool!

I'm still feeling great and finally have a small semblance of a bump.  It really looks more like I ate a huge Thanksgiving dinner and it's easy to hide so I don't think anyone can tell still but maybe that's just my opinion.  People have told me that I look like I'm losing weight but I'm eating more this week so I'm sure the gain will start soon.  I have noticed that I'm more tired in the second trimester than I was in the first but my guess is that's due to the lack of sleep from puppy patrol and not to the pregnancy. 

Yesterday I felt what I knew was movement for the first time.  It was after lunch and I think he must like sweet potato fries because he was rocking out.  It was CUHRAZY feeling.  It's still hard to believe that there's a living being growing INSIDE of me and now I can feel it moving around and it will only get more intense.  I doubt it's something I'll ever get used to.

So there's the update.  I'm 18 weeks four days, same due date!  I'll scan some ultrasound pictures when I get home and try to upload them and I'll also try to get a bump shot.  The fun continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment