So, here I am. 9 weeks today. So far, so good.
I had my first appointment with my new OB/GYN last week. I've seen her before, back before there was an inkling of any babies and I loved her. My insurance at my last job wasn't accepted at her office which is why I didn't see her for the pregnancies. Anyway, I'm back to her and she's great. There was a big old disaster mess with my insurance - a story for another day - so I didn't have the complete appointment with blood tests and all of that, but I did get another ultrasound and the baby is measuring right on time for a new and improved July 22nd due date (I know, one day difference, big whoop).
I love this doctor, she seems a little/lot more aggressive than my other OB and she agreed to do an additional ultrasound on the 27th, just for everyone's peace of mind, which is fantastic. I'll have an additional ultrasound two or three weeks after that as part of the screening for down's syndrome and some other things, which is usually done at 12-14 weeks. Depending on how things are going I may try to stretch it out to week 14 or 15 and see if we can get an early gender prediction. The "big" ultrasound comes at 20 weeks and then there's one additional later on. It's not like my last OB with an ultrasound at every appointment, but I am getting a few extras in there, and I bet my doctor would add a few others in if I were to ask. Plus I get to deliver at my top hospital choice in the valley.
I'm still taking the progesterone which is not a party. It's still super itchy and I feel myself getting more and more easily irritated by the day. I'm semi-exhausted but yay for me, one of the side effects of progesterone is trouble sleeping. I have that side effect. I am supposed to put the suppository in right before bed and the inability to sleep seems to kick in about fifteen minutes after insertion (ew, sorry). That means I'll be ready to pass out, head to bed and then BAM. Wide awake for about two hours. Other side effects are also general first trimester side effects so I'm not sure which is which. I have weird bouts of nausea still - but again, no throwing up. My boobies still hurt most of the time. This time is different than the others. It feels more like muscle soreness than the feeling of needles sticking into me that I had before. New on the side effect train are my extra awesome shiny hair and teenage-esque acne. Yay for hair, ugh for zits.
I'm working out almost every day. Still doing the 30-Day Shred but I'm ordering some highly recommended pregnancy DVDs to mix in. So far, other than the massive amount of weight I gained BEFORE I got pregnant, not much going on in the weight department. Apparently they recommend weight gain based on your BMI and I am no longer in the range where 30 lbs is OK. My target is 11-20. I'm really really really hoping I can stay within that range. Maybe even just 11. 11 would be nice. Especially considering my chances of having a 10 pound kid are very likely thanks to Matt's family genes. Party in my uterus.
So that's that. The nine week update. I'll have more after Christmas when I have my next ultrasound.
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment