I made it to 14 weeks! I just need to get past this week and I can probably start getting excited. I just had my check-up with my OB and, despite waiting an hour every single time I go to that office, I LOVE HER.
There had been a mix up with my last name in her office (the first time I saw her years ago I still had my maiden name on all my insurance information) so they hadn't put my NT scan results in the right file, but once we got it sorted out she expressed frustration that the office where I had the scan hadn't called her directly to tell her about the bleed they found. She scheduled me for an extra ultrasound in two weeks so make sure it's healed itself and everything is going fine. I am so relieved that she's willing to do this for me AND it means we'll probably get a peek at the sex of the baby four weeks early! WOOT!
We had a good chat about me stopping my progesterone (thank goodness) and she recommended that I do the screening for cystic fibrosis in two weeks when I'm back at her office. She said that the blood test will let us know if there's an issue with the baby - which in this case, unlike the NT scan, there are things we can do to fix or prevent them - but it also tells us how my placenta is doing, something she said she'd really like to know with my history. So in two weeks I have a regular check-up, an ultrasound and a blood test. Two to three weeks after that is the BIG ultrasound where they for sure find out the sex of the baby and look at a bunch of other stuff. I'm getting more excited as I type this because it all means we're nearly out of the woods.
In other news, which I think is good but is probably indifferent, I've lost eight pounds in the first trimester. I can see why since my appetite is totally random and I get full really fast, so I'm eating a lot less and trying really hard to make sure what I do eat is at least halfway good for me...though the In-N-Out Double Double I downed on Saturday disagrees with that statement. Apparently baby likes a good cheeseburger.
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment