Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Great Practice

Well, results are back from the NT Ultrasound...baby has less than a 1 in 10,000 chance of having Downs or Trisomy...something.  The genetic counselor said those are the best odds they give so we can safely say baby doesn't have those things and we shouldn't need to do an amniocentesis, which carries an added risk of causing miscarriage so I was praying we wouldn't have to do one of those.  Small miracles, my friends.

As for the blood pocket, all the report said was "There appears to be a pocket of fluid or old blood in the uterus to the right side of the amniotic sac."  Uhhh, right.  KNEW THAT.  Lucky for me I have an appointment with my OB on Monday so we'll at the very least be able to hear a heart beat to make me feel better.  I may beg for an ultrasound, just to make me feel better about it, as I'm (at least what I feel is understandably) stressed out about it.  We'll see.

In other news, we got a French Bulldog puppy - Dr. Watson (Watson for short).  He's nine weeks old and totally adorable, but I've decided we basically have a newborn without diapers.  He wakes up every few hours, has to go outside every 20-30 minutes when he's awake as part of his potty training and I can't leave him alone for a second without making major preparations for accidents - both bathroom and chewing related.  Despite the down sides, we are totally in love with him and I figure this is great training for baby.  We'll get him crate and potty trained just in time for me to have this little sucker in my belly and start all over again.  PARTY!

We are getting closer and closer to this being my longest pregnancy.  I'll be 14 weeks on Monday, so if we make it to the end of next week I'll feel a little better.  Unfortunately, not a lot, but at least a little.

As for a supply/preparation update, I didn't buy anything for the babies during the first two pregnancies, but after 12 weeks in #3 I went and bought a really great diaper bag on sale at the Kate Spade Outlet in Las Vegas.  This time, I decided I would be a little optimistic and purchase a stroller I've been drooling over for the last year and a half.  I found an AWESOME deal on Craigslist for a Bugaboo Cameleon with accessories out the wazoo and as a bonus it also came with a Maxi Cosi Mico carrier and two carseat bases.  Retail for all of this stuff would have been somewhere in the ballpark of $1300 and I got it all for more than a thousand less than that.  There are a few small flaws here and there and everything needed a bath but I've tried it all out and it works great and the family took great care of everything so I feel really lucky to have found it.  The one "flaw" in my plan is if my husband's family genes take over and I birth a bohemoth child.  The carrier only goes to 20 lbs so it may only last a few months if that happens.   Worst case I'm hoping the car seat bases fit the larger Maxi Cosi carriers or something like that.  We'll see.  No matter what I've got two big-ish expenses out of the way.  Now I just need to find $1200 under a rock so I can buy my dream crib...which isn't going to happen so I'm on the search for something similar that is more along the lines of $100.  I have a friend who has great baby furniture connections (she got a $3500 lucite crib for something like $500) so I'm going to see what hook-ups she might have. 

So there's the update.  13 weeks, 4 days.  Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment