Monday, June 28, 2010

Week Boring

Ok so Google Images needs to get it's crap together.  Every week I go and do a search for a picture of the fetus to see what it looks like at that point in the pregnancy . . . and the same pictures keep showing up!  I'm fairly certain now that the picture I have on here for six weeks?  Is a fetus ready to be born.  Ok I know it's not but sheesh!  I just want someone to have a week by week picture of the unborn alien.  I don't want to guess whether or not it's right and accurate.

I am officially nine weeks.  For some reason it feels like a big milestone.  Only three more weeks of the first trimester, and the baby made all sorts of human-like progress this week.  According to Google -- which I no longer believe in -- the baby is the size of a prune.  It has it's "parts" and if we're lucky, we might be able to see them/it at the next appointment.  Well, if it's a boy (WHICH IT'S NOT) it should be noticeable.  If it's a girl (AS IT IS) they'll probably be hesitant to tell me for sure.  It's head is still massive compared to the body and not quite straightened out (which if ANY of the pictures are right is sort of hilarious, don't get mad.  It's poor face is smooshed into it's chest), and it's just starting to get little finger and toe buds.  It's having spasm movements which for some reason strikes me as so funny.  I just picture this tiny alien looking thing wigging out in my uterus.

More and more people are in the know.  I told the girls on our trip this weekend.  Rhonda seriously looked pissed at me, I was scared.  There was lots of squealing and happiness.  I've told a few more friends and extended family is finding out from other family.  Three more weeks and I'll start telling people for realsies. It seems to be taking forever to get there and I'm not even sure I want people to know right away.  A friend of mine was pregnant with twins and didn't tell anyone at work until five months.  I'm wondering if I can get away with that?  Probably not.  Plus if you know me at all, keeping my mouth shut isn't one of my talents.

On the girl's trip we had much fun but there was also lots of tired from Kate and baby.  I'm glad my friends were understanding.  I was sort of a downer.  However, much to my anger, I was up bright and early at 7 AM every day.  I would much rather be early to bed late to rise right now but the incessant need to pee makes it early to bed SUPER early to rise.  Awesome.  I broke the rules and went on a roller coaster.  I KNOW, I'm such a rebel.  It was a blast and worth every second.  I also ate enough food to keep this baby fed for the rest of the pregnancy.  Still no weight gain though!  Yay me.

I was asking my Grandma about her pregnancies this weekend.  She said she didn't really even show other than a little pooch until she was almost seven months pregnant.  Judging from my Mom's not showing until about six months I'm starting to think I'll be late in showing too.  I'm starting to like the idea of only having a few months in maternity clothes, but as I've said a million times before, I'm not holding my breath. 

Still no real nausea.  I feel tired and a wee bit sick which all together equals a general crappy state, but overall I'm counting my blessings.  Minor car sickness still hits me every once in a while but it's nothing I can't handle.  The other telltale pregnancy symptoms are present but in very mild forms.  The boobs have calmed down.  The, uh, digestive system seems to be doing OK all things considered.  Nine months of slow going isn't going to be pleasant but it's nothing a little bottle of Benefiber can't help, right?  Still no food aversions, but I have found that I'm craving Root Beer?  So strange.  I'm trying to drink mostly water or lemonade but about twice a week I get myself a huge Root Beer and it makes me so happy.  I'm also craving salt, which doesn't surprise me considering my already low-ish blood pressure which will only continue to get lower as I get up to 40% more blood in my body.  Wheeee!

I can definitely tell I'm more feisty.  I almost had it out with my car service guy this morning.  Granted, he made a dumb mistake and I would have been mad no matter what, but I was definitely more pissed off than I would have been on a normal day.  Also, when I'm cheerful?  It's like I'm high on drugs.  I am SO HAPPY when I'm happy.  I didn't eat lunch today until really late, which would normally cause me to be pissed off at everyone, but today I was in such a good mood and I was practically skipping around the office.  Weird.

So um, not much else to report.  Body still looks and feels the same.  Still working out almost every day.  Still feeling good, still halfway don't believe I'm pregnant, though that ultrasound picture obviously tells me otherwise.

Only four million more days to go.