This first few weeks have been super slow and super boring and, well, pretty annoying.
I keep thinking this is all just a big episode of Punk'd because I'm not feeling pregnant or looking pregnant. (Well DUH Kate, you're all saying. The baby is barely the size of a blueberry. You eat pancakes bigger than that and don't show. To that I say touche and leave me alone. I'm pregnant and I want to look it or something here.) I still feel tired and it's starting to piss me off. I'm not an exhausted person. I have BOUNDLESS ENERGY. Thanks a lot, baby. See? Super annoyed.
This last week working out became more of a chore. I'm sure it's got a lot to do with the fact that it hit 115 degrees. The Tuesday Body Sculpting teacher made it very clear last week that we were running and sprinting with weights. That's about the time my brain says "Body? It's hot outside and we hate running so we're out." I've been showing up for the last fifteen minutes of class to do some arms and abs. I'm hoping if I keep my core strenght up I can prevent . . .I don't know what. SOMETHING horrible from happening to my body because of this baby. I have been skippingout on Monday spin class (mostly because I'm not a fan of the teacher) but I've been diligent with Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday as well as keeping up my twice a week Yoga. I also started doing Pilates with a wonderful girlfriend of mine who just bought a reformer and needs people to experiment on. I sure signed myself right up for that. My first session was last night. It was hard but I loved it. I'm thinking once a week should do the trick on that one. Turns out my body is all crooked. Here's my surprised face. See it? Once again, annoyed.
The cards with the ultrasound picture have been officially sent out to the grandparental units. Most of them get a Father's Day surprise while my Mom gets a birthday surprise. Sealing those envelopes was nerve racking. I'm ready to start telling everyone in some ways but in others I just want to pretend this isn't happening and once I tell people, I can't do that anymore. As of Monday, Grandma Jan will know and then as of Sunday, the rest of the family will. After that we'll probably wait until the first trimester is over to tell church and work and all that jazz but holy ish, this is for realsies.
Still no smell aversions in general, though I have moments of surprising nausea that go away quickly. The elevators at work are the biggest culprits. I think the combination of the movement with the enclosed people smells does me in. I almost vomit every time I take a prenatal vitamin, but that I think has something to do with the taste of the pill on my tongue and my aversion to vitamins in general and not so much the alien sucking my life out of me. Matt has had the stomach flu which means that so far, he's the only one in this family barfing. I'm praying please don't let me get this illness. It's been going around and I do not want. DO YOU HEAR ME, GOD? DO. NOT. WANT. Don't make me come up there.
As for morning sickness, I can't decide whether I want or do not want. I think it would be nice to know that the hormones are doing their job and making me sick. I would also like to maybe lose a few pounds here in the first trimester before I blow up like a balloon. I know, I know that's sick and wrong but lots of women do it, why can't I? But then there's the whole throwing up thing. I would rather have pneumonia than throw up, so you see my dilemna.
The nails and hair are growing at a rate never before seen on this planet. For the hair, good. For the fingernails, no thank you. I'm not a fan of long natural fingernails. Cut 'em off. Also, not a fan of toenails growing faster than I can keep up with pedicures. To this I say again, an-noyed.
Someday hopefully these posts will turn to things filled with hope and joy and longing to meet my offspring. Until then, alloy me to simply say:
ANNOYED.