The rest of the fam will find out on Sunday and then the girlfriends will get told the next weekend and after that I think I'll just wait a couple of weeks to tell work and then that cat will no longer be anywhere near a bag. Then maybe I'll start getting excited or something like it.
Still no throwing up or food aversions of any kind. I can eat it all. Beef, chicken, seafood, dairy, sugar ... whatever. Mom said she never had any food aversions either and her sister said the same thing. I'll have to ask Grandma how she was but it sounds like we're genetically awesome for the first trimester though it does mean no weight loss, which is good/bad/sad/awesome all at the same time.
I keep thinking about birth size, which is dumb considering the current size of this thing, but Matt was almost ten pounds when he was born as were both of his brothers. This terrified me to no end until I found out that they were all like THREE weeks late! The baby grows a pound a week at the end so three weeks late means if they were on time they would have been six pounds or so, which is fine by me! I've read that Mom's diet and exercise habits directly affect birth weight so I'm trying (not succeeding all the way, but trying) to eat well and I'm a big giant A+ on the exercising if you want my opinion. Tonight I'm hitting Spin and Toning classes and tomorrow I'm going to try to gulp down my fear of running and go to both Sculpting and Spin with the teacher from hell (WHO, by the way, knows I'm pregnant and is not going any easier on me. SEE? Teacher from hell). We're going to make this baby 7 lbs by golly. Yes, I just said "by golly" and I meant it. IN THE SEVEN POUND RANGE. None of this eight, nine, ten bull. SEVENish.
I've started thinking about a birth plan and again, I'm undecided. There's lots of reasons I like all options. I don't love the hospital choices with my current doctor but I really like the doctor. One of the hospitals has a midwife program which sounds fantastic but it's a midwife and not a doctor and it's not monthly ultrasounds and I can't have a doctor AND a midwife. Maybe a doula? I've also considered a new doctor because finding a new doctor means going to the hospital I love but it means finding a new doctor. And I have no idea how I feel about epidural, natural, laboring in a birth tub, do I want to use a ball? A stool? I guess I have my homework cut out for me. I keep thinking I have such a long time to think about all of this but then I realize how quickly the first six months of this year went by and then I realize that I only have about that much plus a month until OH MY GOSH I HAVE A BABY. So, yeah. Not so much time.
I think we're settled on a name if it's a boy (WHICH IT'S NOT but if it is, at least he has a name) which we both really, really like. The middle name is for sure Michael, after Matt's brother who passed away a long time ago, as well as my Stepfather who passed away as well. The girl name that I've loved my whole life is SO overused right now I'm thinking of using it for a middle name and I've sort of settled on a really classy first name. Matt seems on board with the first name but doesn't love it with the middle name but I think after I GROW AND PUSH OUT THIS BABY, I might just get my way. It's a beautiful name, for the record. Gorgeous, actually. I'm sort of in love with it. I'm not sure if we're going to share the names or not. That part is undecided. I want to share, but part of me doesn't because it would be fun to copy the ever hilarious "Pregnant Women are Smug" song and just tell everyone "Ohhhh we know, but we're not telling." That and people's judgy faces when you tell them your name and they hate it? No bueno.
And wow, I feel sorry for people reading this. It's all so lame and nothing interesting. Maybe I should just start summing everything up in bullet form:
- Mom knows and is excited
- Unsure of how the hell I feel
- Unsure of what the hell to do
- Unsure of what the hell to name it