This whole thing is making me feel like a giant hypochondriac. I can't tell if certain symptoms are popping up because I think they're supposed to or if they really are. It's been determined that the sore twins (aka boobies) are an actual symptom. The car sickness has been confirmed as a symptom after reading a couple of other women's blogs discussing the same thing. Today it feels like the nausea may have made it's first appearance but I still seriously wonder if I'm just making it all up. I keep over analyzing every little twinge of hunger, cramps, headache . . . everything. I'm hoping I'm just making up the nausea and that I never ever get morning sick. And I'm laughing at myself for even thinking that now. I've just jinxed myself to a life of barfing and IV fluid, haven't I? If I remember right, most of my girlfriends said their morning sickness didn't make it's grand entrance until about week eight so we've got two more weeks to see what really happens.
My prenatal vitamins are literally the size of a house and my past experience with oral vitamins is no bueno. I usually throw up if I don't eat food with vitamins - it seems to be the only time my stomach acts at all sensitive. Well, as luck would have it the prenatal vitamins are supposed to be taken an hour before a meal and at least two hours after. I'm not sure if the makes of these vitamins have MET pregnant women but that just doesn't seem realistic. I'm giving it my best shot though. I'm on day two and haven't ralphed yet. We'll see how it goes.
I'm officially six weeks and I looked up pictures of a six week old embryo today. It's finally somewhat recognizable as something that will become human. It's pretty amazing how quickly this sucker is growing and it's even more amazing that my body has what it takes to do all of this incubating. PS, if you Google "six week old embryo" there are also some pretty nasty things like cat embryos and aborted ones too. Memo to me, next time look on a day when the stability of the stomach is NOT in question. Just saying.
Did I mention I'm attempting to keep up my insane workout schedule? Spin Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Body sculpting Tuesday and Thursday (and sometimes Monday). Yoga Wednesday and Saturday. So far, so good. My mean old teacher added a ton of cardio to Tuesday's body sculpt class and I really thought I was going to die from all the running but by the time I finished up the sculpt class and spin I was feeling pretty great. Yoga was awesome this week and I'm very excited to keep it up long term. I skipped sculpting last night because my sister just arrived from New Orleans but we did spin together. She barfed and not me. How's THAT for the pregnant lady kicking the skinny lady's butt, huh? (Ok, in fairness to Meagan she hasn't worked out in a long time and my teacher might actually be the female incarnation of the devil. I've been dealing with her for over six months and this was Meg's first time. We'll cut her some slack.) I'm so hoping that if I can workout this much through the exhaustion phase that I can keep it up through the whole pregnancy and minimize the weight of my arse and this baby. Sadly, at this point I'm more worried about my arse, but I'm sure that will change. Or maybe not.
All in all, so far, so good. The score at this point is Kate: 2 Baby: 1. Baby gets a point for making me tired. I get two points because I'm awesome.
For fun, here's a picture of what this little sucker might look like. See? Slightly human! Stubs, partial ears and even some alien eyes. Awww so ... creepy.
