Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Round Two

I wouldn't exactly say I was trying super hard to get pregnant again...but I wouldn't say I wasn't.  I had heard SO many stories of miscarriage, period comes back once BAM pregnant that I think I just KNEW it was going to happen again.

Also?  My body really, really, really wanted a baby up in there.  My brain was trying to tell my body to calm the hell down but it sort of wasn't listening.  The last three months may or may not have been some of Matt's most favorite in our marriage.  Just saying.

About two weeks ago my body started to swell.  I'm not even joking.  One day I was at the same weight I was when I miscarried and then all of a sudden I was five pounds heavier.  Then eight pounds.  EIGHT POUNDS.  I've been working out still...eating like crap, sure, but working out quite a bit (not as much as I was for a while there.  I think I needed a break from the two-a-days!).  I think I sort of knew what was going on here.  Last time that didn't happen but last time I was working out twice a day and last time wasn't exaclty "viable" so I'm not really sure how to compare the two so I just try not to.  I was officially "late" as of last Wednesday but I wasn't sure my body had gotten itself back on any sort of pattern so I just let it go.  Saturday we went to the lake and went Wakeboarding and Wakesurfing which resulted in a wicked sunburn and muscles I forgot I had screaming in pain.  Sunday I absolutely HAD to go get Aloe because MY SKIN WAS GOING TO DIE and while I was there I just happened to pick up a pregnancy test.  Or three.  Matt was at church and I just decided to go for it.  Just like last time, ten seconds later I had a positive.  I didn't even take the other two tests. 

This time?  I was excited.  But not jump for joy excited because well, it's hard to be that way after last time.  But I said a little thank you prayer and there was much happiness in the land.  Until Matt got home and was sort of a downer.  I get it.  He doesn't like to get excited about things anyway, then you have our situation and so he's cautiously optimistic? 

I quit Diet Coke cold turkey again.  I miss it already.  I'm trying to eat healthier but macaroni and cheese (from a box) just sounded aweseme the other night.  Healthy pregnancy diet FAIL.  I tried to go to a workout class at 5:15 this morning and I was actually awake for it but my body is still so unbelievably sore from the lake and the sunburn is killing me so I opted out. 

We head to the sand dunes with Matt's family for our annual trip this weekend and I'm hoping no weird symptoms pop up and give me away.  I don't really want to tell anyone this time until we're sure it's all good.  Which will be Thanksgiving Day.  I'm pretty thankful so I think it's the perfect day to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment