Woah. Sorry I've been gone for forever. Again. I still can't believe how little time I have now, and when I do have time the last thing I really want to do is blog. I'd rather figure out how to fix my old blog. Or watch Homeland. Usually I watch Homeland. Ok always. I always watch Homeland.
The little Captain is still the most squishable. happy baby/toddler that ever lived. Since we got home from Utah in August it was like someone gave him a shot of Superman juice. He started running and never stopped. He's all over the place. Into everything. Almost opening doors. Climbing chairs to turn on Despicable Me (pretty much the only thing that hasn't changed. Can the second one PLEASE COME OUT SOON BEFORE I LOSE MY MIND?!?!?). We took a risk and took down the baby gate at the stairs and now his favorite thing is to hang out up on the landing. He screams as loud as he can to hear the echo in the vaulted ceilings and then laughs and laughs.
He says so many words and knows so many signs. I'm keeping a regular journal with those because I can grab it more quickly than I can sign on to a computer and blog about it, but one of these days I need to copy it all online so it's never lost.
He's getting a little more shy as he gets older but once he warms up to someone it's hugs and kisses and flirting all the day long. He seems to love his Daddy and I equally, coming running to give us hugs when either has been away for any amount of time. And oh the hugs he gives now. Full arms around the neck, tight squeeze, squeal of joy amazingness. I melt every time. Matt taught him how to kick a ball the other day, complete with "HI-YA!" with much gusto. Could you die? Trust me, if you saw it you would.
His kryptonite is still sleep. He still hasn't slept through the night. I have made a few efforts here and there to sleep train and OH THE HUMANITY. Hours upon hours of hysterical screaming mixed with the most pathetic little display of signing "milk, please" while sobbing the words "Meeeeeeekkkkk. Peeeeeeeeeesssseeeeeee." I try to hold out, honestly I do. But in the end I'd rather give him a boob and let everyone go back to sleep. He can't go to sixth grade still waking up every three to four hours so I figure I can handle being sleep deprived for ten years or so, right? I keep reminding myself I researched and chose this style of parenting for a myriad of reasons and I will sleep someday.
I'm trying to get out of the house more and be more social but honestly, I've become something of a recluse and I kind of like it. The nicer weather has helped us get out a lot more but even then I like sticking close to home. I keep having parent guilt that we aren't members at the Zoo or Children's Museum...but then I remember that we didn't do much of that as kids and I turned out just fine. He has a couple of little friends in the neighborhood and we see them at the park pretty much every day. He runs up and down the sidewalk playing with the kids across the street and is obsessed with playing with Watson so there's really not much he's missing out on at this age.
I try to do girl/myself things every other week or so but it's hard to do too much with the little mister's horrid sleeping habits and schedule. Matt tries hard but getting him to go down without me is no easy task. Again, I did this to myself and I really don't mind. People keep asking if I'm ok, if I'm struggling with things being so different and being so home bound. Honestly, I'm not. Matt and I had so much time with just the two of us and we really, TRULY enjoy this tiny person we made. We love hanging out with him as much as we can. We talk about him after he goes to bed. For reals. We can't get enough of him.
Watson is two years old now and slowly but surely mellowing into a much easier dog. He's still pretty high maintenance - some of which is a personality thing and some of which is brought on by his overly doting parents (again, brought it upon myself). But we all love him to pieces and can't imagine life without him.
(I Started this a loooooong time ago but I'm publishing it so I don't miss the details i remembered to write down!)
Sunday, August 28, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment