Monday, November 12, 2012

Always Playing Catch Up

Ay ay ay.  It's a good thing I don't rely on blogging for income or anything else because it turns out I SUCK AT IT.  I don't suck at looking at Facebook and Instagram twenty times a day, I certainly don't suck at getting caught up on my DVR shows but I definitely suck at blogging.

So, here's my attempt to catch up.  Again.

S-baby is 16 weeks old.  I'm not sure how that happened because I swear I was pregnant for eight years and he was just born yesterday.  He is so fun.  Except yesterday and today. I think he's hit a four month growth spurt or something because he's cranky (for him) and wants to be held ALLTHETIME.  Also, the baby who took a bottle like a champ for the first two months causing his mother to assume that would always be the case apparently hadn't had one in too long and now has decided he hates them.  This happened on the first week that I have plans to actually go out and do something.  I'm going with a bunch of girlfriends to an early showing of Breaking Dawn Part 2 on Thursday night.   He needs to be able to take a bottle so I can go.  Ugh.  Now the contingency plan is to make sure he's really tired and really full before I have to leave and pray he goes to bed at 7:30 and sleeps until I get home.  Ahem.  But seriously, he's fun, promise.  I really can't complain much that he won't take a bottle because he nurses like a champ, I have plenty of milk and have never had to buy formula!  I must make straight up cream too because he's SO chunky. I just want to eat his thighs.  He's also getting more interactive every day and has found his voice and loves to lay on his play mat and just yell at the top of his little lungs.  He's super smiley and super happy 99% of the time.  Sometimes  he'll be fussy because he WANTS me to put him down and leave him alone for a while.  He's a dream baby.  Love his guts.  

Life for me is...strange.  I am rarely aware of what day or what time it is (turns out I'm not a "schedule" mom) and I only force myself to get ready every other day or so.  I'm working hard on not becoming the wife who looks like crap all the time but getting ready just seems like so much WORK sometimes!  I mean, inevitably the baby wakes up the second I get in the shower causing me to either skip shaving or washing my hair.  Then, if by some miracle I get a full shower, he wakes up as soon as I'm out and there goes blow drying my hair.  Getting dressed...ugh.  I've lost all the baby weight plus some but most of my clothes still don't fit.  Riddle me this: Somehow I gained all my weight in my thighs and lost all my weight from my face.  So I LOOK really skinny if you don't look down.  Weird.  Besides, why would I want to wear jeans when velour pants are available, am I right?!  And make-up...I usually do some make-up but I haven't been able to get my eyebrows waxed in forever so I look like a yeti in mascara.  It's bad news all around.  I'm trying.  I swear I'm trying.

On another looks related note, I totally get why new moms often cut their hair.  Having my hair down means the baby either has a mouthful or a fistfull of hair.  No bueno.  I've taken to wearing it in a ballerina bun most of the time and I know Matt hates it.  He's saying I should cut my hair  little but every.single.time I cut my hair I regret it.  Plus it would still need to be pulled back unless I go super short and that ain't happening.  So, I think it will stay long in order to make pulling it up a little more attractive and simple.  Now if I could just get rid of the short hairs growing back in from losing my hair each time I miscarried and if I could keep my current hair from falling out by the handfull so I don't have them for the rest of my life, that would be nice.

Living on one income has definitely been an adjustment.  We have enough to pay our bills and all of that, but the "fun" money and savings are suffering quite a lot.  I'm learning how to price-match (so great, especially for produce) and doing a little bit of couponing to help save money.  It takes time but I've been able to do about one big trip to the grocery store a month to stock up on things we need then only have to go back for basics as needed.  I also found some great deals on chicken and beef so I stocked up and now our garage freezer has plenty of meat that will hopefully last several months.  I make dinner about 80% of the time but have no meal plan which I really need to get on because it would make my life that much easier. 

I don't plan on going back to work full time anytime soon but I have an interesting opportunity to work for a friend who runs a music theatre tracks company part-time that I am going to try out for a while.  This is the first job I've ever found that merges my Music Theatre education with my real-life work experience.  If things go well I could earn some great money only working a couple of hours a day so hopefully that pans out and the mister will sleep in long enough stretches that I can.  I'll let you know how it goes!

Now moving on to the dog.  I love my dog.  Love love love love love him.  But he is trouble.  Part of that's my fault because I gave up on hard core training when I got uncomfortable pregnant.  Another part of it is also my fault because I HAD to have pure-bred Frenchie and he HAD to be mostly white.  He's got allergies, folks.  Big time.  Did you know there are pet dermatologists?  Yeah, me neither.  There are.  And now we've been to one because our little buddy keeps getting a horrible rash on his underbell.  Watson is now on a PRESCRIPTION diet of rabbit and sweet potatoes. That's all he can eat for six weeks.  Watson also likes to steal anything that gets dropped on the floor and claim it as his FOR-EV-ER or give you hell for trying to get it back unles you offer him something more enticing.  Before that was cheese.  Now, it's nothing.  I don't blame him.  If I found an iPhone I wouldn't give it up for a stupid piece of sweet potato either!  We were in the process of training this out of him, but again, it required something to entice him which we no longer have.  SO, it's on hold until the diet is over in five weeks.  Of course this last week is also when babylicious started throwing his toys on the floor.  You see where I'm going with this.  I don't regret getting Watson, especially given my confidence level in the pregnancy working out but if any of you are pregnant and considering getting a dog...DON'T DO IT!!!  Wait until the baby is like, five.  Of course right as I type this Watson came up and snuggled up next to my leg and gave me a kiss.  He's so sweet.  I take it back.  Everyone should get a dog.

We decided to stay home for the holidays this year.  My Mom is probably coming for Thanksgiving and Matt's parents for Christmas so that should be fun.  I've actually got about half of the Christmas shopping done already which is nice considering the whole not-a-lot-of-cash-right-now situation.  Too bad I can't get everyone swaddle blankets from Babies R Us...we have a lot of credit there!

Thank you for still being here, bloggy friends.  I know I'm crappy at this but I want desperately to keep blogging because I do love it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment