Monday, April 30, 2012

The Final Third

OK so today I'm OFFICIALLY in the third trimester.  None of this fake third trimester crap from four weeks ago.  28 weeks done, 12ish to go.  Here's a belly shot for all you wanters.  Don't mind my sweats.  I only get dressed about three times a week now and today isn't my (or your) day.  At least I'm wearing a clean outfit.  You are welcome. 



I'm still feeling really good overall though I swear I get bigger and more stretched out by the second. It's getting harder to maneuver myself out of bed or off the couch but I'm figuring it out.   I'm getting more and more tired and hot for sure, and of course here in Phoenix the hot part is only bound to get worse, but those I can manage.  It seems to be an every-other-day cycle.  I'll have tons of energy and do all kinds of things around the house and then the next day it's all I can do to move from bed to the couch to the fridge.  I'm working on not overdoing it the days where I have energy but I can tell I've got some nesting going on and just want to CLEAN ALL THE THINGS.

The hip pain is getting worse, and due to the hot factor, sleeping with my super sweet body pillow is becoming very toasty, which in turn makes the hip pain worse.  Half the nights I abandon all pillows, blankets and sheets and I'm sure will soon also abandon clothes just so I can bask in the air conditioning vent that sits directly over our bed.  Either that or, as I've mentioned to several people, buy a huge, body sized deep freezer and just move in for the next three months in an attempt to keep cool. 

As far as exercise goes I am still walking the dog for about thirty minutes at least once or twice a day.  I also got a Groupon this morning for ten yoga classes at the really nice studio down the street.  I'm going to try to do prenatal yoga once a week until the baby comes.  I think the stretching will do my hips and legs some good, plus I'm sure there are awesome mental benefits as well. 

I'm up about once or twice per night to pee depending on how much I had to drink before bed and the heartburn has made it appearance.  Luckily it's not constant.  I only get it when I eat something spicy, too acidic (like orange juice or tomato sauce) and I just discovered this morning, overly chocolaty.  I'm crying over the last one.  Of COURSE chocolate gives me heartburn.  Still no odd pregnancy cravings.  I love the foods I loved before and basically eat about the same stuff and the same portions.  I still don't have the results back from my glucose test, but I should hear today.  Hopefully we're all clear there and I can continue eating carbs three times a day and give birth to some sort of tortilla chip or slice of bread.  Like I said...still eating all the same stuff!

Still no real nursery progress. My designer friend graduates on Friday so hopefully I can get her to help me  out after that.  I did go through all the baby clothes a second time and set aside a box of stuff that is either overflow or things I'm not a huge fan of.  I'll wait and see what I get at my showers and sort through all of that too and then take inventory of what I have and need and then go from there.  If my mothers (mother, step-mother and mother-in-law) have anything to do with it I'll never have to buy clothes as long as he's alive!  I'm trying to keep everything sorted into sizes as it comes in so I'm not overwhelmed by the task later on when I'm huge-er and less likely to care as much.

Pretty soon we're taking a ten day trip to Utah for my shower there as well as my yearly girl's trip.  We're taking the dog which should prove fun and interesting.  We're driving which will also prove interesting and most likely uncomfortable for me, but the alternative of not having a car is no bueno. It will be nice to have so much time there and we'll hopefully be able to see everyone we want to before we have the baby and traveling becomes a bit more difficult.  I'm also hoping to take a week or so towards the middle or end of June and go stay with my Grandparents.  My doctor said no flying after the 15h of June but we can drive there.  My main goal is to get out of the heat and just lounge in their pool a lot.  Plus, seeing my Grandma is always a bonus. 

So there's the update.  My life is so very exciting. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey! You're upright! I don't remember a lot about the end of my pregnancies, but I'm pretty sure i didn't have a cute butt. I think you should wear your dirty jammies next time so I won't hate you for being adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how how how in the entire world do you not look prego at 30 weeks?! i look more pregnant than you right now. tell me your secrets pronto please. you look fanfrickintabulous and should be very proud of yourself. i'm so excited for you and can't wait to see pics of this little stud muffin. way to go kate. so happy for you both

    ReplyDelete