Ugh. I had a total pregnancy brain fart last week - thanks mostly to the stupid baby apps on my iPhone - and thought I was 26 weeks and about to hit 27. Ha. Very funny. Take one week away, folks because I did the math this morning and I was 25 weeks and just hit 26. I blame the apps because the second you're 25 weeks and 1 day, they start showing you all the 26 week stats on baby. If I had thought about it for two minutes I would have figured it out, but thinking I was thisclose to seven months was just too tempting.
Big progress in the belly department in the last two weeks. My stomach muscles decided they couldn't hack it anymore and boy howdy do I look pregnant now. However, in the weight department, I think I'm hanging in there to reach my goal of no more than 15 pounds gained. Apparently my pre-pregnancy BMI indicates I should gain between 11-20 pounds and I figured I'd aim in the middle. I lost about 12 pounds in the first trimester and at my last appointment I was still down two pounds from my original weight....which basically means I've gained ten pounds. Of course, according to my doctor's chart I haven't gained any. I'm sure the next appointment will prove I've gained a few pounds but obviously at this point that's what I want to be doing. The little man weighs almost two pounds now and when you add in fluid and placenta and all that crap I should be up a few pounds. I am walking Watson at least once a day for about an hour, usually twice, unless I make Matt go because I'm too tired. He's a speedy little walker and we have a routine of running around the park three or four times so I really think that consistent, daily exercise is helping me gain the right weight and not get big in the butt, thighs, arms, so on and so forth. I feel pretty lucky that, at least so far, I haven't become swollen and super uncomfortable. For those that care, here is a belly shot from Saturday which was two days shy of 26 weeks...so let's just call it 26 weeks, shall we? Please note that my exercise clothes from this particular day are HAWT. Specifically the basketball shorts. Saddest part? I don't think I changed out of them until it was time for pajamas. Matt is a lucky, lucky man.
As far as fashion goes, almost all of the clothes that fit me pre-pregnancy still fit, with the exception of a couple of pairs of pants, mostly due to high waistlines. I prefer long shirts no matter what so anything that doesn't button up (which, let's be honest, I haven't worn those in like, over a year thanks to casual work environments and my new found ability to wear pajamas or workout clothes ALL DAY. Yay unemployment!) still fits due to the length. I did have a girls shopping day when my Stepmom Lisa (LOVE HER!) was in town to see my sister's baby and she bought me some SUPER cute maternity clothes at Motherhood. One dress in particular is amazeballs and I want to wear it all the time. I did notice that wearing actual maternity clothes definitely makes me look even MORE pregnant, but that's ok. It's kind of nice to have people be able to tell it's a baby bump and not just my poor eating habits.
The baby moves all the time and is really getting into his acrobatics lately. He's all over the place and it still feels totally and completely weird. His movement is obvious from the outside most of the time now and I sometimes just sit and stare at my belly trying to figure out HOW this is a normal occurrence!
We bought our crib this weekend at BuyBuyBaby. They let me use a 20% off coupon I didn't think would apply to furniture so it was much cheaper than I expected, which is awesomesauce. I seriously LOVE this crib and am so very excited to have it. I think the majority of the nursery plan is together in my mind, I just need to figure out what to do with the walls. This of course is the first thing I need to tackle so I wish I could just make up my mind already so I could get going.
Well, there's your update for the day. One of my dearest friends had her baby this morning (at home! She's so brave) and I get to go over and meet the little lady and then I'm making dinner for her family. Somewhere in there I need to vacuum the floors and the couch because wow, does my puppy shed. My life is a freaking party, people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awwww, look at that adorable bump! Wow, it would be SO annoying to realize you got a week ahead of yourself and have to count it again--at least you realized it fairly quickly. Woulda been a bummer thinking "Hey, I'm due next week! Wait a minute..." ;)
ReplyDelete