Monday, March 5, 2012

Fifty Percent

Well, I'm at 20 weeks, the official halfway point in this pregnancy.  It seemed like SUCH A BIG DEAL to get here...and now I'm thinking "wait a second I have TWENTY MORE WEEKS TO GO?"

I added it all up and I've been pregnant for 42 weeks in total.  By the time I'm done it will be 62 with only one baby.  That in and of itself is a little depressing and makes me feel like I will NEVER AGAIN NOT BE PREGNANT.  Not that I can complain since it appears I will continue to have fairly easy pregnancies, it's just a long freaking time.  I guess the bonus is that in the last 22 months I've only had  my period like ten times.  Silver lining, right?

I had my monthly appointment this morning and everything is great.  He was moving all over and it took the doctor a while  to get a good position to get the heartrate.  It's in the 150s which is perfect, and my uterus is measuring a week ahead, so 21 weeks.  It may not mean anything but it might also mean he'll come earlier in July which is fine by me!  The less time I have to be pregnant in July heat, the better.

I went to Buy Buy Baby and attempted to register today.  That store is awesome and overwhelming and it made me realize that Amazon may be my best choice because it has the exact colors I want in my swing and bouncer and such.,  and that way I'm not sending people too many options.  I'll still keep the Buy Buy Baby registry for the coupons though.  Can't go wrong with a guaranteed 10% off your registry item and the use of any Bed, Bath & Beyond coupons.  The best thing that came out of it is that I found THE crib I want.  It's very similar to the dream crib at Restoration Hardware but in a better color and half the price.  I feel like the nursery can start coming together now.  Suhweet.

Other than that, nothing too much to report.  Appetite is good, I feel good, baby is good, life is good.  Now just to buckle down and prepare myself for the next twenty weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Kate!!! I'm sosososososososo SO excited and happy for you. You don't even look prego yet, though I'm sure you feel it. But you are tiny and cute and so deserving of this wonderful baby. And as the mother of three boys, I am totally biased but I heart them. Seeing little mini versions of yourself and hubby in their features is adorable. And there's just something about a boy and his mama that is unbreakable. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete