Thursday, June 21, 2012

36 Week Catch Up

Um, hi. Sorry I've been MIA for the last month and some change. Things got a little cra-cra around here! We (as in Matt Watson and I) spent ten days in Utah at the beginning of June. I had an amazing shower that my more amazing Mom threw for me. Once again, we were spoied rotten.

After the shower we spent a few days enjoying the fabulous weather, grass yards and wonderful family. The last few days I spent with my four best girlfriends on our annual Girl's Trip. This was the eighth year in a row and we stayed in Provo at Julia's parents amazing home. We went to the fancy new shopping center in Salt Lake - City Creek drove around in Julia's Dad's restored Scout, ate tons of amazing food and had an all around fantastic time.

I came home and had an OB appointment with our final ultrasound. The nurse terrified me when she read the wrong line in my chart and told me that I'd gained ten pounds in two weeks (!!!!!) but my doctor corrected her and pointed out the error, so only four pounds. Phew! I kept losing track but I finally sat down and did the math and I've gained 12 pounds total and will probably be right at about 16-18 by the time he's born. The ultrasound showed that he is in the 75th percentile overall and weighed about 6.5lbs. The tech told me that means he's on track to be 8.5-9lbs at birth if I go full term. I almost died. Then the doctor told me she usually sees the 75th percentile babies weighing in at closer to 7.5-8lbs so she's not too worried. We're keeping a close eye on him to make sure he doesn't get so big we're forced to have a c-section, but all signs point to a big boy. Yikes. I shouldn't be surprised considering Matt was 8.5, our niece (on Matt's side) was 10.2 and my father-in-law was 13.

So, on Sunday I'll be thirty six weeks...as in full term! It's crazy to think that he could be born any minute, though technically he's not due or another four weeks. I have decided he's coming on July 10th. I almost guarantee I won't get my way, but I'm putting all thoughts and energy into that date anyway. Can't hurt, right? He's still moving like crazy and I think he's dropped so his little face and hands are firmly planted in my pelvis, which makes for some very strange feelings in places I'm not used to having feelings. Luckily he's only kicked my ribs a couple of times. My biggest complaint is him rubbing against the back side of my belly button. I get this weird shock like feeling through my whole body when he does that so I'm hoping he doesn't do it anymore. 

Matt is working his butt off on the nursery. He finished re-texturing the bottom four feet of the walls in preparation for board and batten. We bought the paint and will be doing the prep painting and probably buying and cutting the wood this weekend. Crib bedding is being made this week and I have picked out out of the other stuff I need for the twin bed and other furniture for the room, we just have to buy it. My favorite news for the week is that Matt had remote start installed in the truck (which I am now driving due to my car getting better gas mileage for Matt's long commute) so that I can cool the car off before putting the baby in it and killing him. It is so fantastic to know I won't have to burn the crap out of him every time we go somewhere. Such a great present. So there's the update. Not too exciting but definitely lots going on in final preparation for D-Day! July 10th is fast approaching!!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, it sounds like things are going so well! I cannot believe you are 36 weeks--I feel like I JUST found out you were pregnant! That remote start sounds absolutely amazing--what a life saver in the summer for baby AND you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just catching up and yay! so excited for you two and hope he makes his appearance soon! xo

    ReplyDelete